Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Meg Knew Me - Letter Four

Dear Emily, I thought that I would write to you to try to prove that "Meg Tilly" knew me from my youth. To do this I will use her book "Singing Songs" which she did not actually write. This is not to criticize Meg or her book but to demonstrate that I know things that only she and your family would know. For example when she lived near "Corson Avenue", back in 1969, her mom used aliases for herself and Meg. She called herself "Patricia or Bonnie" and her daughter "Christina, Katherine, or Margaret". Bonnie introduced her daughter to us kids in the area under a different name every time. She had began to get Meg into show business at an early age. Meg was in a television commercial when she was nine and Bonnie had asked us to watch for it. We looked for it but did not come on. Then she said "Watch it again tonight'', so we did and we finally saw Meg. Bonnie looked young and was pretty although she looked like "Linda Lee", the late "Bruce Lee's" wife with round "Lennon" glasses. If you surf the internet and look for a photo of Linda Lee from 1969 then you have an idea of what Bonnie looked like. Bonnie once said that she believed in God . Now I had instinctively believed  in God since I was a baby. So I said to her "If you believe in God then why would you lie to little kids and not tell us your right names?" She seemed speechless and embarassed. A few days later I met up with Meg and her mom by their house on "Westervelt Avenue" and her mom said  to her "Go ahead, tell him!" And then she said slowly "I am Margaret Ward". Bonnie must have gotten convicted. One day she stated that she used to be a school teacher and that she was looking for work. I said "Why don't you work at our school (P.S.31 on Layton Avenue) down the block?" She said that it was a good idea and got a job there. Now at times there were confrontations between me and Meg amd I would complain to her mom. Bonnie said "Don't worry - she really likes you - I keep a record of everything that she says and does." This meant that her mom kept a "diary" of what Meg did, and this is what "Singing Songs" was written from. There was a boutique that had just opened up down the block and Meg had saved up 2 dollars. Her mother said to us "Meg has saved up two dollars and wants to buy a new dress at the boutique down the block - Could you walk her there and make sure that she does not get ripped off ?" We said "Sure" and we walked her there. There was me and my brother "Michael", "Peter Kennedy", and someone else. Now this proves that Meg did not live in Canada as a youth because the Canadians do not except American currency. Her book says "$2.00". not "Shillings" or "Shekels" or whatever they use. That means that she bought the dress in America! We helped her pick out the dress and let her know which one looked nice on her. Sure enough the clerk tried to overcharge her. We showed him the price tag and he stopped. The story in her book states that she wore that dress until her naughty bits began to show meaning that the dress was not shrinking, she was growing. Actually it was her blonde cousin or half-sister whose naughty bits were showing, and had the dress that was ready to explode. In another incident, there was the story of a boy named "Randy," and Meg had thrown a ring at him. Guess who that happened to - ME!  I was alone one day when I was approached by "Mr. Garofalo" (Mr. Brown Pants) and Meg was with him. He was a trouble maker and a serial killer. He gave me a plastic ring and made me put it on her finger. She made me feel happy by smiling at me and she seemed to like me.  A few days later I was in the P.S.31 school yard when she and Mr. Garofalo approached and he said to her "Go ahead". She took the ring off and threw it at me and said "I don't like you and I never want to see you again!!" I became embarassed and started crying and ran out of the school yard. I guess that I am Randy - Emily. He also spread a rumor in that school that Bonnie was a "whore", and now other teachers were bothering her and she was seen crying. Mr Wolmper, a gym teacher straightened them out though, and the trouble stopped. In another story, there were "Pooh Pies". Bonnie had no place to live. She and my mom had met and became friends over a bicycle incident between me and Meg. I will tell you that story on another day, Emily. My mom had introduced Bonnie to "Louise Roberto" who had a house in the woods here in Staten Island. Louise let her live there for a while. One day my mom took me and my siblings to Louise's house and Meg decided that she did not like some blonde kid with a crew cut who lived next door. So she decided to make a Pooh Pie for him. "Don't do that" I said kindly. But she started "doing it" anyway right there in the pan. Luckily her sister "Suzy" stopped her and she bought him a real chocolate cake. Suddenly a car came speeding up the gravel driveway and two men got out, One of them with a shot gun and pointed it at Bonnie who was standing in front of the back door along with Louise and my mom. "YOU___M____r F___r !" he said violently . Every one was dead silent as he was waving it - and suddenly he pointed it at me and I thought that I was going to die. He waved it slowly back toward the women "YOU__M___r F__r !" After several minutes he said "give me those two kids!!" He grabbed two young children who were there and they made off. Bonnie was ashamed and frightened and Louise called the Police. They interviewed me and my brother. The cop that spoke to me was the same cop who goes around handling problems with Italian people. We were scared and he made it seem like we were over reacting and made us feel like jerks. I think that he actually gave "John Ward" the shot gun himself. He made light of it - that"Mr.Ward" actually pointed a rifle at 8 year old kids. This story is in Meg's novel and it did not happen in Washington, nor Oregon, nor California. It happened in "Sunny Staten Island - New York".  I was also there at the "Assumption Church" on "Brighton Avenue" when Meg and sister "Suzy" (a.k.a. "Jennifer") and Bonnie pretended to put money in the collection plate. This little story is also in "Singing Songs".The "Some man in his underwears" was my dad who tried to hit them with a belt, but they started doing the dishes and singing. "Miss Dippity Doo" was my mom who can be seen in the photo above. She thought that she was"Marlo Thomas". Oh well Emily, maybe you do not believe me, but if your mom is still the same person, then she should remember where these stories really happened. Thanks for listening. Love, John Moreno

No comments:

Post a Comment